An annual event since 2015, Consensus gathers companies, developers and investors in the cryptocurrency and blockchain world, to have pointed discussions on the future of this emerging industry and how it can affect business, technical innovations, commercial development, public policy issues, and pragmatic solutions for the evolution of business and security.
Consensus is a three-day event which features approximately 250+ speakers and gathers about 8,000 attendees from around the world who represent international brands, startup companies, investment ﬁrms, academia, and policy movers and shakers. From Fortune 500 representatives to core developers and crypto enthusiasts, Consensus has previously presented speakers like Fidelity’s Abigail Johnson, Square’s Jack Dorsey, and Chairman of the US Securities Exchange Commission, Jay Clayton among other emerging disruptors for existing business models.
Day 1 – May 13th
- State of Blockchain
- Presented by Alex Sunnarborg, founding member of Tetras Capital.
- Cat and Mouse? Securing Digital Assets and the Future of Adoption
- Former commander of Israel’s 8200 intelligence unit, Nadav Zafir, former Thomson Reuters chief executive, Tom Glocer, and Fortune’s Robert Hackett lead a conversation on securing digital assets from the perspective of leaders in the intelligence and business worlds.
- Making Blockchain Fun Again: Can Games Drive Mass Adoption?
- Have you heard of CryptoKitties? Mickey Maher, Head of Revenue, and responsible for Gaming Partnerships and Revenue with Dapper Labs is one of the presenters.
- Wall Street Meets Crypto: Who’s Disrupting Who?
- Bitcoin has champions on Wall Street, which begs the question: is crypto the disruptor of high finance, or is it the other way around? Panelists include Caitlin Long, co-founder of the Wyoming Blockchain Coalition, Greg Tusar, CEO and co-founder of Tagomi, and David Mercer, CEO of LMAX Exchange Group.
- In Conversation with U.S. SEC Commissioner Hester Peirce
- Joined with Georgetown University professor, Chris Brummer, Hester Peirce speaks about the future of cryptocurrencies. She is an advocate for secure digital protocols without the overzealous regulations.
- Consensus Hackathon Winners